Model has an active student body with a variety of opportunities for athletic involvement, as early as the 4th grade. Service learning and participation in a sport, club or organization are graduation requirements, so it is not surprising that 80% of Model students participate in athletics.
Athletic Director: Scotty Sutton, Scotty.Sutton@eku.edu
Asst. Athletic Director: Melanie Smith, Melanie.Smith@eku.edu
Healthy at Model: Athletics Guidelines
For the health and safety of our community, our athletics community is asked to follow these important guidelines this season:
- No use of locker rooms for home or away teams.
- No shared water coolers. Teams and or players must bring their own water bottle
- Mask must be worn by spectators at all times.
- Mask must be worn by coaches at all times.
- Mask must be worn by players. Players can remove the mask to play in the game. If they are on the bench, they must wear a mask.
- Spectators will have their temperature checked and complete a short questionnaire before entering
- Admission will be taken at the gate: $5.00 for varsity games and $3.00 for middle school
- Games in the gym will be limited to 20% capacity (83 people)
- Visiting teams for volleyball must send a roster with two spectators per player
- Transportation to away games will be limited. Each player must sit every other seat and with their mask on.
- All players must have their temperature checked before boarding and must wear a mask the entire trip.
- Cheerleaders must wear mask while participating
- Indoor locker rooms will not be used. Players must arrive in uniform. If we are traveling immediately after school, two players at a time can enter the locker room to change into their uniform before boarding the bus.
- Spectators will follow responsible social distancing of at least 6 feet
- The concession stand will only be allowed to provide pre-packaged food or drinks (chips, candy, coke or sports drinks)
- Players will maintain responsible social distancing of at least 6 feet on the bench
Thank you for doing your part to support the Model Athletics community!
Fall 2020 Athletics
Girls Basketball (Grades 5 - 8): Coach Lee Cummings Leeetta.Cummings@gmail.com
Cheer (Grades 5 - 8): Coach Sequoia Wheeler Sequoia.Wheeler@gmail.com
Cross Country (Grades 6 - 12): Coach Bryan Dyer Bdyer@dyerassoc.net
Dance (Grades 6 - 12): Coach Lauren Kundert LaurenMKundert@gmail.com
Men's Golf (Grades 7 - 12): Coach Donnie Kidd ModelLabGolf@hotmail.com
Women's Golf (Grades 7 - 12): Coach John Morgerson John.Morgerson@eku.edu
Boy's Soccer (Grades 6 - 8): Coach John Smith JohnSmith@habeggercorp.com
Girls' Soccer (Grades 5 - 8): Coach Catherine Wibbels Catherine.Wibbels@gmail.com
Men's Soccer (Grades 9-12): Coach Tim Masthay Tim.Masthay@eku.edu
Women's Soccer (Grades 9 - 12): Coach Mike Austin Mike.Austin@eku.edu
Volleyball (Grades 7 - 12): Coach Anthony Mayer firstname.lastname@example.org