Welcome to Model Lab School at Eastern Kentucky University
521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, KY 40475 • 859-622-3766
Model High School earns 5 stars!
Model is the only remaining laboratory school in Kentucky, one of the characteristics that has established it as a school of choice throughout the region.
As a lab school and as part of the Eastern Kentucky University community, Model is able to provide unique opportunities for students. See below for more information!
New Governance Structure - The EKU Board of Regents adopted a new governance structure for Model effective with the 2019-20 school year. The Superintendent will establish an Advisory Committee comprised of:
- Two (2) teachers, one elementary and one from secondary;
- One (1) Board of Regents member;
- Two (2) parents of Model Lab School students;
- One (1) non-exempt staff member;
- One (1) student;
- Two (2) community members at large; and
- One (1) EKU administrator.
Nominations for membership are currently being accepted and may be submitted to John.Williamson@eku.edu.
There will no longer be a SBDM Council at Model.
Click here to report a maintenance/facilities repair/need. If there is a safety emergency please call 859-351-3121.
- The Model Core: Focus on providing World Class Education principles, K-12 - The Model core includes Inquiry, Communication, and Data Analytics; Quantitative and Computational Reasoning; Scientific Inquiry; Global Communication and Understanding; Civic Engagement, Entrepreneurship, and Financial Literacy; Humanities; Creating, Performing, Designing and Engineering; and Fitness and Wellness.
- Family Atmosphere - Model's size allows for more individualized attention and a strong sense of family throughout the School;
- Tradition of Excellence - Whether a student is part of a family that has attended Model since its inception in 1906, or a first generation Model Patriot, there is a sense of pride and tradition upon joining our family;
- Model graduates will have transferable skills that can be applied to new situations using critical, creative, quantitative and computational reasoning.
- Participation - Model graduates complete community service projects and participate in a club, organization and/or sport as part of their graduation requirements.
- EKU Access - The majority of high school students take advantage of dual credit classes on-site on the Eastern Kentucky University campus.
Applications for the next class of future graduates are being accepted. Schedule a tour today.
It's a great time to be a Model Patriot!
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, and/or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice. Any complaint arising by reason of alleged discrimination should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, Eastern Kentucky University, Jones Bldg. Room 416, Richmond, Kentucky 40475 (859) 622-8020, or the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC. 20202 1-800-421-3481(V), 1-800-877-8339 (TTY).