Join the Model Family Today!
It's a great time to be a Model Patriot. Check out our admissions & enrollment page here.
Model will be transitioning to school-wide remote instruction beginning Monday, November 23.
For more information, click here: Fall 2020 Semester Update Letter
View Model's latest Kentucky School Report Cards:
Model is the only remaining laboratory school in Kentucky, one of the characteristics that has established us as a school of choice throughout the region.
As a lab school and as part of the Eastern Kentucky University community, Model provides a world-class education and many unique opportunities for all of our K-12 students. See below for more information!
521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, KY 40475 • 859-622-3766
A Five Star High School
Model Laboratory High School was one of only 7 high schools in the State of Kentucky to achieve a 5-star rating in Kentucky's Accountability System! Click here to learn more.
The Model Core
- The Model Core: Focus on providing World Class Education principles, K-12 - The Model core includes Inquiry, Communication, and Data Analytics; Quantitative and Computational Reasoning; Scientific Inquiry; Global Communication and Understanding; Civic Engagement, Entrepreneurship, and Financial Literacy; Humanities; Creating, Performing, Designing and Engineering; and Fitness and Wellness.
- Family Atmosphere - Model's size allows for more individualized attention and a strong sense of family throughout the School;
- Tradition of Excellence - Whether a student is part of a family that has attended Model since its inception in 1906, or a first generation Model Patriot, there is a sense of pride and tradition upon joining our family;
- Model graduates will have transferable skills that can be applied to new situations using critical, creative, quantitative and computational reasoning.
- Participation - Model graduates complete community service projects and participate in a club, organization and/or sport as part of their graduation requirements.
- EKU Access - The majority of high school students take advantage of dual credit classes on-site on the Eastern Kentucky University campus.
Applications for the next class of future graduates are being accepted. Schedule a tour today.
Report Maintenance Issue: Click here to report a maintenance/facilities repair/need. If there is a safety emergency please call 859-351-3121.
To access the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security STOP! Tipline, click here or call (866) 393-6659.
Eastern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of age (40 and over), race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, ethnicity, disability, national origin, veteran status, and/or genetic information in the admission to, or participation in, any educational program or activity (e.g., athletics, academics and housing) which it conducts, or in any employment policy or practice. Any complaint arising by reason of alleged discrimination should be directed to the Office of Equity and Inclusion, Eastern Kentucky University, Jones Bldg. Room 416, Richmond, Kentucky 40475 (859) 622-8020, or the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Building, 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC. 20202 1-800-421-3481(V), 1-800-877-8339 (TTY).