Welcome to Model Lab School at Eastern Kentucky University
Students will not be in school on Monday, February 18th, Presidents Day or March 11-15, Spring Break.
Model is the only remaining laboratory school in Kentucky, one of the characteristics that has established it as a school of choice throughout the region. As a laboratory school and part of the Eastern Kentucky University community, Model is able to provide unique opportunities for it students, including:
- Family Atmosphere - Model's size allows for more individualized attention and a strong sense of family throughout the School;
- Tradition of Excellence - Whether a student is part of a family that has attended Model since its inception in 1906, or a first generation Model Patriot, there is a sense of pride and tradition upon joining our family;
- Strong academic program - The average ACT score for the Class of 2018 was 25.3;
- Model teachers are a part of the Eastern Kentucky University faculty;
- Focus on providing World Class Education principles, P-12 - The Model core includes Humanities, Science, Mathematics, Art and Fitness.
- Model graduates will have transferable skills that can be applied to new situations using critical, creative, quantitative and computational reasoning.
- Participation - Model graduates complete community service projects and participate in a club, organization and/or sport as part of their graduation requirements.
- EKU Access - The majority of high school students take advantage of dual credit classes on-site on the Eastern Kentucky University campus.
Applications for the next class of future graduates are being accepted. Schedule a tour today.
It's a great time to be a Model Patriot!
THANK YOU to these generous monetary sponsors of the Amazing Shake Club:
Madison County Judge Executive Reagan Taylor