A U.S. News Best High School
A Message from the Principal, Laura Dedic
Welcome to Model Laboratory High School where preparing the next generation of leaders via academic excellence is tradition. Model Laboratory ranks as one of the top performing schools in Kentucky and is recognized nationally. Our students are challenged with an intensive curriculum focused on providing a world-class education centered on core competencies.
Opportunities for individual inquiry and accelerated classwork are offered to our students, including dual credit on the campus of Eastern Kentucky University, Advanced Placement courses and an option to earn the prestigious AP Capstone Diploma. At Model, students are prepared for college level work culminating in a Senior Project in which students investigate and develop a research project and presentation.
Leadership opportunities abound for our students. Model offers more than 30 extracurricular clubs options for students throughout their high school careers. In addition, over 80% of Model students successfully lead, compete, and excel in 13 athletic programs. Civic engagement and community service offer another avenue for leadership. Model students are required to earn 40 hours of service learning in our community as part of their graduation requirements.
I am proud to serve as the principal at Model High School and if you are considering a high school, I invite you to join our family.
2021-22 High School Scheduling Information
- A Guide to Scheduling on Infinite Campus
- Information Session Recording: Scheduling for the Classes of 2022, 2023, and 2024
- Presentation Slides for the Classes of 2022, 2023, and 2024
- Information Session Recording: Scheduling for the Class of 2025
- Presentation Slides for the Class of 2025
- 2021-22 High School Course Catalog
Discover what Model Secondary has to offer:
- Course Catalog
- Clubs & Extracurricular Activities
- Model Scholars Early College Program
- Student Handbook
- Student Infinite Campus Login
- Student Resources
- Tutoring Schedule by Teacher (20-21)
|Form for Verification of Activities and Service Hours||251.91 KB|
|20-21 Finals Schedule.pdf||197.71 KB|
|Formal Dance Contract 2020-21||98.15 KB|