FAQs - Tuition & Fees
Frequently Asked Questions
If your question or concern is not addressed on this page, please contact Melanie Kelley (859-622-4005; Melanie.Kelley@eku.edu) for assistance. Thank you!
How can I make payments?
Beginning in the 20-21 school year, parent(s)/guardian(s) can make payments online through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal! Preferred method of payment includes e-check (no additional fees) or Visa/Mastercard (which incurs an additional 4% convenience fee).
When necessary, a personal check, money order, or cashier’s check can be made payable to Model Laboratory School and must be mailed and received by the school no later than the 15th of the month.
Credit card or cash payments cannot be accepted for tuition and fee payments at the school. Recurring payments may be set up in the portal.
To set up a one-time payment:
- Log onto your Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Ensure that you are viewing the Model student account you would like to pay one or more fee line(s). You can switch to another Model student's account by clicking the drop down box on the top right of the screen and clicking the student's photo.
- Go to the "Fees" tab in the Navigation menu to your left.
- Click on the fee line on which you are making a payment.
- Click "Add to Cart."
- Choose "Full Amount" or "Partial Amount."
- When making a one-time partial payment, you will need to calculate the amount needing to be paid on the Tuition line in order to avoid a late fee on this line. 1/9 payment of tuition is due by the 15th of each month beginning September 15, 2020 and ending May 15, 2021. Late fees will be assessed on any past-due tuition balances. Contact Melanie Kelley at Melanie.Kelley@eku.edu to confirm your calculations.
- Set up a Payment Method (i.e. credit card with a 4% processing fee or e-checking/e-savings account with no additonal fees).
- Select the payment method you wish to use.
- Submit payment.
How do I set up recurring payments on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal?
If you'd like to set up recurring payments, please arrange for this to be set up by Tuesday, September 15, 2020. For your convenience, you can set up recurring payments using either a credit card (with a 4% convenience fee) or an e-checking account (no additional fees) as
- monthly (for a total of 9 payments) or
- bi-weekly (for a total of 17 payments)
To set up recurring payments:
- Go to the "Today" or "Fees" tool on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Then, select "My Accounts."
- Next, select "Recurring Payments."
- Select the line you want to pay in installments.
- Complete the required fields and mark the end date as 5/15/2021.
- Click "Save."
How do I avoid a late fee?
A late fee will be assessed if 1/9 of the Tuition Line is not paid by the 15th of each month. To avoid a late fee, ensure that 1/9 of the tuition is paid by the 15th of each month.
It is recommended that the following lines also receive a 1/9 monthly payment in order to have your bill paid in full by May 15, 2021:
- Asset Preservation Fee
- Textbook/Workbook Fee
- Technology Fee
Any checks that are unspecified as to whether they should be applied to tuition or fees will be applied to tuition first, followed by the textbook fee, technology fee, then asset preservation fee.