Back to School 2019-20
We hope you are having an enjoyable summer, but it's never too soon to start preparing for Back to School!
School begins for students on August 14th.
- Kindergarten through grade 5: August 12, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Auditorium
- New students in grades 6-8: August 5, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Auditorium
- All 9th grade students and new students in grades 10-12: August 5, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., Auditorium
- Freshman Jam - Students who are entering grade 9 are strongly encouraged to attend the Freshman Jam on August 5th from 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. This is a team-building and informational event specifically designed to introduce the Class of 2023 to high school life. Freshman Jam Letter
- 6th Grade Challenge Event - All students who are entering grade 6 are invited to attend the Sixth Grade Challenge Event, an action-packed opportunity to make friends and prepare for the middle school experience. This event features a trip to the EKU Challenge Course. The girls' event is scheduled for August 6th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The boys' event is August 5th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. 6th Grade Challenge Event Letter
Schedules and Class Lists
- Grades 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12: Schedules may be picked up by students or parent/guardian on August 5th from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. in Model's lobby.
- Grade 9: Schedules will be provided at the August 5th orientation.
- Elementary Class Lists: Elementary students will receive a note in the mail from their homeroom teacher. Notes will be mailed on August 2nd.
Parents of students in grades K-5 have the option this year of online ordering all of the supplies on a specific grade list as a kit to be delivered to your home. See lists for details.
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Middle School
- High School
Summer reading assignments were provided at the end of the school year for students in grades 4 - 12. Visit the student summer assignment page to view reading lists for each grade level.
Parents are invited and encouraged to volunteer for service at Model. If you are interested in becoming a Model volunteer, an annual background check (cost is $10.00 per person) and confidentiality training is required. Volunteer trainings will be provided during student orientation events. Additionally, parents who work directly with students may be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Thank you for choosing Model's world-class education for your child. The 2019-20 school year will be eventful and exciting. Watch for updates and information about new faces, program and technology changes, a school store and food lab, a printed calendar of annual events, and more! A letter with additional information and a copy of the student handbook will be mailed on August 2nd.
Have a great summer!