At the conclusion of the 2014-2015 school year, Model's Parent Organization purchased a Makerbot 3D printer for the school! Throughout the current school year, this new purchase has allowed students to extend their knowledge base with a variety of digital programs.
Examples of Use
- Future City students were able to design and print a miniature blimp
- High School students in Mrs. Park's technology courses have been working with Sculptris (design program) to design and create projects
- Primary Talent Pool students experiment with 123D Sculpt to create files for the 3D Printer!
- Other platforms being used by students include Unity and Blender
Click on the images below to enlarge.
The 3D printers we use at Model:
- User manual for the NWA3D A5 printer
- Leveling the build plate
- Cura settings and overview
- Unclogging the printer